2 July 2014
Temporary Bus Stop Closure
Harold Park development
Wednesday 18th of September
Due to Harold Park development this bus stop [Northern side of Minogue crescent just before Wigram Road]will be temporarily closed from Thursday 18th Septemer Until Completion of work
Please join services at bus stops in Wigram Road near Ross Street.
This report seeks Council approval for the naming of four new streets to be constructed and dedicated to the City of Sydney as part of the residential development at the former Harold Park harness racing site at Forest Lodge. Proposed names are “Cullen Close”, “Scotsman Street”, “Grattan Close” and the extension of existing Ross Street as “Ross Street”.
1. Harold Park was a harness racing track which operated from 1902 until closure in 2008. The premier racing event was the “Miracle Mile” race, which began in 1967. Three of the proposed street names come from the names of previous “Miracle Mile” winning racehorses.
2. “Cullen Close” is derived from the name of the 1998 Miracle Mile winner – “Christian Cullen”.
3. “Scotsman Street” is from the winner in 1979 – “The Scotsman”.
4. “Grattan Close” is from the winner in 1974 – “Hondo Grattan”.
5. “Ross Street” is proposed for the direct extension of the alignment of existing Ross Street.
6. “Scotsman Street” will create through access for vehicles. “Cullen Close” and “Grattan Close” have been designated “Close”, as through access will not be possible.
Source: CORPORATE, FINANCE, PROPERTIES 19 AUGUST 2013
AND TENDERS COMMITTEE
ITEM 5. PROPOSED NAMING OF NEW STREETS AT THE HAROLD PARK DEVELOPMENT- 72-74 ROSS STREET, FOREST LODGE
FILE NO: S106471
This page www.ramin.com.au/harold-park/street-names.shtml last updated 7 May 2015.